Thursday, October 7, 2010

Eft For Knee Pain

If you have serious knee pain but feel that nothing has worked, you might want to try the Emotional Freedom Technique. EFT was originally developed by Gary Craig in 1995 as a technique to help people with emotional disorders. What Craig discovered in practicing EFT was that as people's emotional problems subsided, so did many of their physical ailments. Because of this, many people have used EFT for a myriad of physical ailments, including severe knee pain, and experienced great success.


What Is EFT?


EFT is often called a needle-free, or emotional, version of acupuncture, because it involves stimulating meridian points with your fingertips. The main premise of EFT is that the cause of emotional issues is largely due to unbalanced meridians. When EFT is properly practiced it can drastically reduce emotional stress, which may be at the root of physical pain and illness.


EFT and Knee Pain








First, identify the cause of your knee pain. Then, express forgiveness for doing the things that led to this pain and accept yourself in your current condition. Create simple phrases or statements that you can repeat as you tap at your meridian points.


Sample Session


Tap on your eyebrows several times and say, "Even though I have this horrible pain in my knee from skiing, I forgive myself. I wanted to try the expert slope at the time, and I completely accept myself."


Tap on your collarbone and say, "Although I had knee pain before going on this trip, and I knew the risk of skiing on a difficult slope, I completely and deeply accept myself and forgive myself for injuring my knee further. I just wanted to have fun. I choose to let go of this pain, and I am ready to heal my body."


You can easily break up or shorten your statements so that you're saying something about the pain as you tap each meridian point.


Which Meridian Points to Tap


There are different meridian points on your head, face, torso and fingers that you will tap when employing EFT. Craig offers free manuals on his site that give simple, clear instructions on the basic EFT technique, and there are plenty of free tutorials on the web. Just do a search of "EFT" or "tapping," and you will find plenty of resources.


Cautions/Suggestions


How fast or slow EFT works on your pain depends completely on you. Some people say they feel relief almost instantly, and others say it takes them several rounds of tapping several times a day over a period of time before they notice results.


Skeptics


The idea that an individual can eliminate knee pain caused by a lack of cartilage without surgery or medication may sound preposterous, and tapping on meridian points, which some people don't believe even exist, is another idea that rubs the medical community the wrong way. You maybe initially skeptical, too. The good news is that you're unlikely to hurt yourself by trying EFT on your pain.

Tags: knee pain, meridian points, accept myself, forgive myself, idea that